Saturday, February 7, 2009

I could not pray the whole way home :(

I babysat my cousins about forty minutes from my house today.  I was super pumped for my drive home because car rides are great prayer times, even if it makes you run red lights and into the back of red trucks.  But this thing sometimes happens when I pray.  Where my body is overwhelmed with this crazy indescribable peace.  This usually takes over my arms where they are basically immovable.  I absolutely cannot get enough of times like this because I feel like God is just speaking to my heart and taking over my body saying something like, "You're praying to me because you trust that I can do whatever it is you are asking, no matter how big or how small, so let me do it."  I love this confirmation that God is going to answer my prayers.  This feeling of I do not have to even move my arms because he has all of my hearts desires taken care of and during whatever it is at the time he is just telling me to stop, wait, and let Him.  When I begin praying I can feel the Spirit most often and know when my body is going to feel this.  As soon as I pulled out of the driveway I felt it and was sad because I figured driving home from Detroit, past midnight, without directions, a mind and heart lost in prayer and immovable arms probably was not the greatest idea.  So instead I just praised His name on the way home with the same mix of lighthouse songs that is always on.  I made it very safely home and after starting a super cozy fire I am curled up on the couch ready to let Jesus put me to sleep.  He is so good like that :) Oh I love him!    

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good blog nice piuc ! pliz visit me 2