Monday, February 16, 2009

So maybe not.

Three and half hours later I am still awake.  Jonathon and I fought tonight.  And I loved it.  I cried because I am an emotional mess and I laughed because we fight so well.  I think that is one thing that always erks me about couples about ready to get married is the whole, "We still haven't fought yet" card.  Really?  If Jonathon and I would have gotten married when we hadn't fought yet we would have been screwed.  If we're being honest to have a good fight takes practice.  You  have to learn how to do it right.  When to start it, when to end it, when to say what's on your mind and when to bite your stinkin tongue.  A fight like this is encouraging to me too.  Because if we're being honest and looking back onto how it emerged it was all because of us feeding into the lies of Satan.  Both of us fell for them.  It wasn't just me taking the bite of the apple or just him.  Together we made the conscious decision to listen to what Satan was saying to us and let those lies eat us apart.  But the glory of it all is that our relationship is still rooted in Christ.  Because of this we can end a fight with laughter and love that only our God and Savior could give us.  Rest assured in the beautiful Truth of Jesus Christ.  We are in love with Jesus first and foremost and because of his unconditional love for us we can love each other when we don't deserve it.  It is a beautiful love.  And in a week his arm will be around me.  We will hold hands.  He will pull me close and he will kiss my forehead because that is my favorite.  And I will smile.  A lot. 

     

No comments: