Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sabbath.

If my crazy passion to not go to church on Sunday mornings was only so that God and I could have today together.  I would be okay with that.  I am going to worship with my family next week.

Today I feel like was officially my first Sabbath.  And by Sabbath I mean like real Sabbath.  God and I had a pretty intense, challenging, and just comforting day.  It is pretty difficult to describe what he has been doing to my heart but I just cannot get enough of him.

Seriously, I am so in love.  I am completely unworthy for what he has revealed to me and what he wants to do with my life.  He makes my heart so stinkin glad.  I know times are hard.  The unknown can be difficult to grasp but the love that keeps my family strong is from Christ alone.  Because my parents chose to build our house on his sure foundation, though the storms come we will not fall.  We are God's and he is faithful to his word when he promises he will take care of us so he will.  It is as simple as that. 

Two months ago God told me so clearly to my heart not to register for classes.  There was no doubt in my mind that the Spirit of God was speaking to my heart and I had to listen to him.  Everyone around my convinced me I needed to register, that I needed health insurance and the like.  I do not blame them.  It makes sense.  But I was assured of what God placed on my heart and I chose to listen to man rather than God.  I am paying the consequences now.  Silly me.  I praise him and for what he is going to do with me while I am not in school.  Either he needs me right now to labor or he needs me to spend every moment I can to get to know him better and prepare my heart for what is to come.  Either way I am happy.  I just pray that God would keep me confident in my choices to follow him that no matter how many people try to tell me I am being illogical or making bad decisions I could rest assured in the peace that I am following my maker and provider in his will.  I love my God.   And I am so unworthy to be called his.  But I am his.  And words cannot express the joy that brings.  

No comments: