Thursday, February 5, 2009

Let's quote it up.

"And I think that's what our world is desperately in need of - lovers, people who are building deep, genuine relationships with fellow strugglers along the way, and who actually know the faces of the people behind the issues they are concerned about."
-Shane Claiborne

"These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.  Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.  As you go, preach this message:  'The kingdom of heaven is near.'  Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons.  Freely you have received, freely give.  Do not take along any gold or silver or copper in your belts; take no bag for the journey, or extra tunic, or sandals or a staff; for the worker is worth his keep."
-Matthew 10:5-10

"We do need to be born again, since Jesus said that to a guy named Nicodemus. But if you tell me I have to be born again to enter the Kingdom of God, I can tell you that you have to sell everything you have and give it to the poor, because Jesus said that to one guy, too. But I guess that's why God invented highlighers, so we can highlight the parts we like and ignore the rest."
-Shane Claiborne


We turn to God for help when our foundations are
shaking only to learn that it is God shaking them.
- Charles West

I have so many more I want to type but Jonathon just called and I have to fight for every chance I get to talk to him now that he has roommates!! I love him so much.

oh and ps. Im still way in love with Zechariah. oooo. I look forward to reading through that book as well.

No comments: