Sunday, April 11, 2010

Farmer's Market.

I went to my first Farmer's Market in Studio City today.
I loved everything about the atmosphere of it.
There were pony rides for kids and so many different vendors.
There is a mexican farmer's market in downtown LA some people at work were telling me about.
I am so excited for a time I can check it out.
I met an awesomely unique and sweet woman named Linda.
I am not into jewelry much, but singing her handcrafted jewelry I was kind of lured in.
I absolutely fell in love with two of her necklaces.
They are so unique, so detailed and just hold so much character.
Sadly I don't have $90 and $110 to drop on a necklace, and if I did, I probably still couldn't have brought myself to.
But she was so awesome and we talked forever and I would be her friend in real life.
She has such a fun story and it was so endearing listening to her talk.
I bought 2 lemons and some scrumptious strawberries.
I don't need lemons for anything.
But the man who was running the stand was older and just looked like such a hardworking man and I wanted him to know I appreciate his work and that he should keep going. So we smiled and I bought a lemon. His oranges were also so super yummy tasting, but I didn't bring money to do real life grocery shopping. I just wanted to look around and get a feel for life.
I wanted to buy my meat from another awesome old working man.
I looked through his binder about his grass-fed cows and listened to him talk about the different types of meat he has and how he makes it and what not. He just seemed so passionate about something seemingly so simple. The lady next to me was telling me this was the best meat she has ever had. That the meat is so good for you and you don't need to eat a lot to fill up so it lasts and on and on she went. I would love to make Sundays my day to go to the market and cook all of my meals for the week. But that just won't happen no matter how ideal it may sound. I will get a rhythm soon enough. I just have to decide what is worth spending more on and what is worth just going without.

1 comment:

Shannon Renee said...

Aw, I love your new little life and lifestyle. I know we don't know each other super well, but I'm so happy for you and the adventures God has taken you on. I can't wait til I can shop at a farmer's market and cook for MY husband! (...but... he doesn't exist yet... :)