Sunday, October 31, 2010

Embrace your Place.

Last night at church a super fantastic woman of God, Christine Caine, spoke on 1 Corinthians 12. It was a very powerful reminder about the unique places we all have in the body of Christ, and that we can only carry out God's destiny for our life when we are in the place He has created us for.
During many a sermons I find an excitement in my mind when the Pastor calls out a passage of scripture that I have just finished reading on my own. And a majority of the time I end up in shameful disbelief that I so greatly missed such an amazing message in that portion of scripture. Last night was no different. She referenced back to Moses killing the Egyptian over the injustice of his treatment toward the Hebrew. By his own strength he was able to save one Hebrew. But when he was in the place God had for him, the back of the desert working, was when God began to launch him into his destiny of saving millions of Hebrews. Also, God waited to speak to Moses until Moses was looking at the burning bush... not just in the proximity of it. I missed every bit of that when I read that on my own just a couple weeks ago. And rewriting it now it just seems like such common sense. I love the wisdom God blesses to teachers, but I want it for my own self.
I also want to be in the place God has for me.
I am stuck in a place with my job.
I can't figure out if I am still in it because I am scared to step out into the unknown of what God has for me.
Or if I am being wise and waiting on the Lord's direction.
Or if this really is the place that God is going to launch me from.
Sometimes when it comes to life Im no good.
Like how I woke up an hour late this morning and now there is a line to do laundry.
And how I ended up sitting here, drinking coffee, writing a blog instead of running.
I am going running now.
And if there is still a line for laundry when I get back maybe I will go rollerblading.
And maybe Ill just work out forever until my husband wakes up because he's sick and Im sad he's sick.
There are a lot of people in my life from Michigan that I miss.


No comments: