Friday, October 22, 2010

God loves me so crazy much.

Setting the scene:
Date Night.
Barnes and Noble.
Christianity Section.
Bible Shelves for more accuracy.

Jon and I stood staring up and down these two shelves for my long since desired ESV Study Bible. When we had thoroughly exhausted the search after many many minutes:
Jon: Well this sucks.
Proceeds to begin walking away.
Me: No Jon! Maybe if we just stare longer it will show up.
Jon: laughs and obliges.
We stare for many many more minutes.
And then I notice at the end of a shelf one Bible turned with the bottom facing out.
I look.
I say: Oh my gosh. This is it.
I remove it.
And it's it.
Large Print.
Nasty.
But with hope I practically skip through the store searching for the man who can tell me if there's a copy for healthy eyes.
[And at this moment typing this out I realize that probably would have been easier from the beginning, but then I probably wouldn't be blogging now, so maybe thats the reason God withheld that wisdom from our minds... or we're just dumb]
Anyways. I think that rant was too long for parenthesis, but clearly this blog is too exciting for correct grammar so what does it really matter.
And now that I think about it, I do not know the correct etiquette for parenthesis.
Anyways so the man searches the computer, yay they have it.
Searches the shelf... which I had informed him had already been done but then realized that God made my last joke turn real life so maybe he'll see it.
He doesn't.
He goes to the back room.
Comes out empty handed.
Apologizes.
I'm real sad.
But hopeful, because God turned my joke into reality and I knew he loves me too much to tease me like that.
What seemed like many minutes later after searching for other such exciting discoveries my B&N worker friend came back... My dream bible in tow.
Jon and I read John. Then Proverbs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Psalm, and 1 Peter, all in part of course.
And it has been one of my most favorite date nights.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Emily, dear Emily...how I miss your radiant heart right now :)

~Jessica