Thursday, September 17, 2009

Psalms and Proverbs,

I have decided to memorize one verse from Psalms and one verse from Proverbs a day.
I am on day two.
I love it already. My mind feels so fried trying to memorize so much at one time considering I am working on Philippians too.
But here is what I have so far.

Psalm 1:1-2
"Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
but his delight is in the law of the LORD and on his law he meditates day and night.

Proverbs 1:33
"but whoever listens to me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of destruction."

Psalm 2:10-12
"Now therefore O kings be wise,
be warned all rulers of the earth.
Serve the LORD with fear and rejoice with trembling.
Kiss the Son lest he be angry and you perish in the way.
For his wrath is quickly kindled.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him."

Proverbs 2:1-5
"My son if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments,
making your ear attentive to wisdom and your heart to understanding,
Yes, call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding
seek it like silver, search for it like hidden treasure.
Then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God."


Lame. This is hard.
I feel like I am in senior year Living the Christian Faith class where we wrote out memory verse on top of memory verse. I never would have thought I'd say I miss it. But I totally do. I love the Bible so much. I just keep falling more and more in love with it.

2 Corinthians 5:21
"God made him who knew no sin to be sin for us so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."


I have scripture all around my classroom so I can engrain it on my heart all the day long.
And I am pretty sure half are NIV and half are ESV. I really just want all ESV. I wonder why I am dumb? It's a good thing I won't have to distinguish which verse is from which version.
Im so tired. I stayed up extra late hoping to get to talk to Jonathon again for just a little bit even though I knew he couldn't talk.
I have issues.
Jesus super loves me though.

No comments: