Friday, August 20, 2010

Wonderful

So I work with children.
And sometimes at the end of the day I am really done.
After one too many bumped heads, three too many teeth coming in, art projects gone array, out of diaper messes, 95 degree heat, strawberries for lunch, one cup of coffee, not enough water, and far too many wiped noses I am ready to call it a week a day early.
But all it takes is one handsome little boy to change everything.
After I had swiftly swept up every last puff from our last snack of the day, rushed to rinse out a few milk cups, scrubbed the tables clean, and charted the last diaper changes I slowly drag my body to the carpet where my few remaining babies are happily playing with plastic dishes and stuffed food. Before I even have a chance to sit down one darling little boy looks up to me, and just cracks the tiniest smile. The smile that without words said, "Hey Emily, I think your awesome, I am feeling so silly right now and I just want to play with you." I immediately smile back as I begin to sit down and a huge grin explodes onto his face followed by an eruption of laughter. All because I smiled. I crack up and poke his belly where he proceeds to throw his body onto my lap in shear joy. These moments with him are all it takes for me to remember why I do what I do, despite everything else.

Seriously, the laughter of a child is the best.
My amazing sister posted this video tonight. And I adore it.

This blog goes out to Jaime Davis: I blog too!
Also, I think you should tell me day of when people steal money out of your car from now on.
And I should also have you know, that you're the prettiest, and I can see it in your words.

No comments: