Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kitchen Light.

This evening Jon dropped me off at my connect group.
He had to go finish working on a song and wouldn't be done by nine so I asked a friend to drop me off at home.
I knew it'd be dark and I'd be coming into the apartment alone so I left the kitchen light on.
I walked out of the apartment with Jon right behind me, I started walking out the gate but then turned and realized Jon was still locking the dead bolt like a good husband.
I waited, he finished, we walked.
This evening as I came in I unlocked the door, makes sense to do that.
As I began to open it I realized that I was walking into a completely dark apartment, note: not how I left it.
I froze.
My mind formed the following scenario so quickly:
A man broke in, and after looking around and contemplating what to steal he (being a psychic and knowing the girl in all of the pictures would be coming home without the man in all of the pictures) decided to just lock himself back into the apartment and wait for my arrival to inevitably rape and murder me. But, coming in while it was still light did not realize that one light was left on, so when he went around to make it look like no one was there he turned it off, not knowing that I would immediately be thrown off by the darkness.

So that's the situation.
At this point, turning and running would leave me just in a sketchy part of town in the dark and worse off than in my apartment, taking the time to call Jon would put me in a worse situation when he attacked because my focus would be on the phone and conversation and I would be ill equipped to fend off the attack.
So I swiftly went to turn on the kitchen light and walked back to the bedroom, muscles ready to take on anything waiting.
There was nothing.

I called my husband entirely freaked out, only to find out that somehow, in the briefest of moments he had slipped back inside to turn off that light that I had in his mind carelessly although in my mind very thoughtfully left on.
I worried him a bit.
But now I sit here blogging and confessing to the world the craziness that sometimes entertains my thoughts.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

HAHA! I love it. Eric's done stuff like that. One time during the work day he swung by his house on the way somewhere else to grab something and I was gone. I hadn't locked the door and when he left he did. I flipped. Actually I think Angela might have been with me. Either way I called him freaking out (from outside the house) and he informed me that I was safe and stop leaving the door unlocked :) Boys... Whatcha gonna do with them?