Saturday, March 27, 2010

Dreams.

I have had some very very strange dreams lately.
Maybe I can accredit it to the twin bed Jonathon and I have been sharing for 2 months now.
Or maybe to the fact that I watch CSI: Miami on a regular basis.
Regardless of why I am having them, they are weird.

About a week ago I had a dream my mom and I were shopping at an American Eagle.
She wanted to buy me a new pair of shoes.
She picked out these black chunky things and said she wanted to buy them for me because they'd go with anything.
I politely told her I had a lot of black shoes and I wanted something more fun and sassy.
So we found these real tall and strappy blue shoes.
They were awesome.
And were on sale!
Fantastic.
So we found a generic pair of black shoes that we decided we'd get too and just share.
And then as we were going to check out we realized they were on sale too!
So we were ecstatic.
And since my mom saved so much money we saw these lions that were pretty cheap considering they were full grown lions.
Naturally we thought owning a lion would be pretty sweet.
We purchased him.
We were so excited to show my dad but when he saw we bought a lion he was pissed off.
I mean livid.
He took one look at the lion covered in a burlap bag and told us it was not tame.
Since it was not tame he then had to build another room onto the house for it to stay in.
I held the lion very firmly against the wall as he proceeded to do this.
Since I am little compared to a full grown lion my dad only had 24 hours to build this new room.
So there I stood.
Holding this untamed lion against the wall.
And that's when I woke up.
My arms were flexed and I was sweating.


Last night I had a dream I was adopted.
I didn't recognize anyone in my dream and it was all so very strange.
The only thing I remember was when my adoptive mom took me to meet my new grandma.
We sat on the floor for some reason on her real ugly carpet and talked.
Her name was Grandma Tozo.
I really liked her and thought that I was going to be happy with my adoptive family.
And this mom leans over to the Grandma Tozo and says
"Emily doesn't know this yet, but we plan on running her entire life for her and never allowing her to make a single decision for herself."
And then I woke up.

I didn't want to go back to sleep for the lion dream.
I was too worn out and as my arms were weakening I was afraid it would sense my fading strength and turn to attack.

But this adoptive dream last night I really wanted to go back to sleep to see what would happen next. I wonder how I would have responded. I bet I would have run away. I have never run away in real life so I bet in my dream I would have.

1 comment:

Denise Janell said...

So its fun to try not to laugh super hard out loud when im next to people i dont know. this is just too funny. im serious. you are hilarious. and so are your dreams. i had a dream last night we were playing continental rum and we were fighting about who sat where during the game..of course. i love you so much.