Monday, July 6, 2009

Time in the Desert.

Right now in my life I am partially, very partially, understanding what Jesus went through when He was in the desert for those forty days after his amazing baptism. Mine has only been three days so far and I am praying it doesn't have to be forty... But if it is I know that something beautiful will come at the end of it. I am just so blessed God opened my eyes to what is going on around me spiritually.

Satan is a fool. I am pretty angry that he thinks so little of me he is trying to open doors that God closed over two years ago. But then again, he is not all knowing like my God is. So I will just have to prove to him my devotion to God and the fact that God owns every aspect of my heart, and if he wants to try to open something up from my past he will have to take it up with my Savior who has already defeated him on the cross. Plus I have authority too by the grace of God. Only Jesus will reign in me. Satan can try whatever he wants and take whatever he wants from me. But my lips will always shout forth praises to my Creator.

It's a battle.
But I am on the winning team :)
And I will never let go of that Truth.

1 comment:

Jacquie G said...

Emily, you're in my thoughts and prayers always. I love you very much. Stay strong in the Lord. Your faith is contagious! My prayer for you this day is to feel God's overwhelming presence in your heart--calming assurance that only He can give. Your words are always such an inspiration and a blessing to me. Thank you. Jacquie Glenn