Friday, July 3, 2009

Why I love babysitting.

My conversation with the boy I was babysitting as I put him into bed"

Me: Okay, I am going to turn off the lights, but I will leave the door open for you. You need to stay in your bed.
Boy: Well if you leave the door open then I will just run everywhere.
Me: If you do that then I will shut the door.
Boy: If you shut the door I will just make a big big mess in my room.
Me: Then I will come in and look at the mess and you will get in big trouble.
Boy: If you get me in big trouble I will tell my mommy and daddy not to have you come and play with me ever again.

I bust into laughter because I just couldn't help it, he starts laughing and I just had to leave to compose myself. Upon return...

Me: If you tell mommy and daddy not to have me come play with you, I will just come play with you anyways because I love you very much and we are best friends so that means you can't get rid of me that easily.
Boy: (laughs) Okay Emily Bickel, I will stay in my bed.
Me: Alright, and I will close the door.

:)
I love him so much. Three year olds rock.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why are kids so ridiculous? I'd like to think that I said smart things like that when I was a little person.

Emily said...

I know right! The kid is straight up genius.