Tuesday, December 15, 2009

California Living.

I have determined that I want people to come visit us all of the time. And if people come visit us all of the time then I will learn how to drive out there because I will pick them up from the airport and drive them to all of the fantastic beaches and such.
I want to be a hospitable wife.
I am already writing grocery lists in my head and planning out meals.
I have major issues.
Not waking up to a text or email from Jonathon tomorrow morning is going to be so sad.
I want nothing to do with buying a car and just driving Irma forever.
Jon would kill me. But I am pretty sure I want to drive her to California.
I know she would make it.
We have a whole week. We'd give her breaks. And when she doesn't make it.
Well. We walk. Or rent a truck. Or just smile. I like smiling.
But she'd make it I just know she has it in her.
I mean come on, she only has 59000 miles on her.
I should be sleeping right now.
But I just am realizing how much I have missed blogging.
And how I want to be a coupon shopper.
And how I get to be a wife soon.
And how I need to finalize my resume to get a job so we can pay our bills :)
I am so excited to live life with Jonathon.
Life is hard.
There are a lot of annoyances, pains and confusions.
But Jonathon and I are good together.
Somehow whenever I am crying, by the time I am done talking to him I am laughing my butt off. But in the middle of the crying, before the laughing part. He prays. Really great.
He just prays over me. And that helps. I like that. God is good. God likes when Jonathon prays. I just know He listens to him. Because after he prays and we talk. We laugh. God likes laughter. So he blesses us with it. And I like God for that. And people change. A lot. All of the time. And some people can't handle that so they stop liking each other. Jonathon and I tried that before. It didn't work. We are a lot different than the 17 year olds we were when we first started giving each other butterflies. Now we're 20 years old, giving each other butterflies, and totally different people. But the cool thing is. When we were 17. We were awesome. We had so much fun and we were already in love. And we're 20 now, and we're still awesome. We had times where we looked back and missed what we had. And that was good for us. Because it made us evaluate what we have now. And it's even better. But in different ways. I know we're young. But we just go. God blessed us with that. I remember sitting in Coffee Beanery two and a half years ago. On the cream couch by the front window. We talked about California. Jon's dreams. My dreams. How Jon didn't want to be married till he was 28. How I wanted to be married at 19. How long distance relationships are hard. How we were in love. And how we could marry each other. I remember sitting in my driveway in Jon's old explorer. We talked about money. How he wanted to be rich. How I wanted to be poor. And how in life those are things married people can't disagree on. And I cried a lot. Because I wanted to marry him but he wanted to be rich and I didnt so I thought we were screwed. And all of a sudden his radio turned on. And it didnt start playing, but the lights that said the station and song came on. And we read the words that said "Let Love In." The first song I ever played in his car. Our song. And I cried. And we kissed. And we said God wanted us to be together so we were just going to pray a lot and see what he wanted to do with our hearts. And he continued to mold them. I like living life with Jonathon. I even like disagreeing with him. Because when we disagree, we both pray really extra hard. And God brings us to a conclusion. And I like that about God. Being in love is great. He irritates me so much sometimes. And he tells the stupidest jokes. And he calls me bonehead lately. And when I am mad at him he wants to read the Bible with me and I always try to get out of it because I know that I am wrong in being mad and I don't want to listen to God. But he makes me. And I love that about him. I love a lot of things about him. And the cool thing about him is. Is that God created him. So there are so many things about him I don't even know yet. And all of them make me love him so much more. And for the rest of my life I get to discover amazing things about him every day! Thats so great for me. Because some of the new things I discover bother me. But they are all good in a way because God made them. Like his stupid jokes are so annoying sometimes. But sometimes when I am really sad in real life sad, like sad to my bones and hurt by the world. He decides to tell a stupid joke. And I laugh because its stupid. But I laugh. And laughing helps sad to the bone sad. And that's so good. And being called bonehead is sometimes not fun at all. But when someone calls you bonehead it opens the door to call them bonehead back. And calling someone you love a bonehead sounds funny. And saying something that sounds funny makes for a good time. And I am excited to have weird living together quirks. Like the way Jonathon cleans the shower door after every shower. And when he goes in after me he checks to make sure I did. And that's weird to me. Because he's a boy. And he shouldn't care about stuff like that. But he does. And it makes me think he's really cute. I have a lot of work I should be doing right now. But instead I am going to sleep. Ill work on work when I have to wait to get my car fixed. Because ps. a rock hurt Irma today :( So I am going to take good care of her and take her in tomorrow in case she needs to drive to California :) Shhh. Jonathon would kill me. But every time I say it it sounds better and better. Except it took 4 car loads or Irma to move to Royal Oak and I can't take 4 car loads of Irma to California.. I miss Jonathon.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

you two are a taller version of nick and i... everything. we started dating at 17. people laughed when we said we wanted to marry "young". we are making it. you will make it.

i love you.