Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Relationships.

While praying with a dear friend tonight God gave me the word "relationships."  I believe there is a lot in this word I have let drift away lately.  God has lately been showing me many broken relationships I have and after showing me this, given me this word, and now I hope he is going to teach me how to better act as he would in relationships and teach me how to mend them.  That is the longest sentence that is so very grammatically incorrect but I am too tired to re-read it and rearrange the wording to make better sense.  Instead I just want to play guitar to Jesus.  More and more so lately I have taken much solace in playing my guitar.  I feel so at peace with Jesus and I can feel his smile cover me as I play.  I can feel him comforting me in my mistakes as he reminds me that this playing is for his glory and he is taking pleasure in it.  It is nice to hear that Jesus is taking pleasure in my guitar playing, or lack thereof if we're being honest.  I also like that I don't feel that way based on what I think I know about Him, but what he reveals to my heart as I quietly play the same chords over and over again.  He calms my Spirit and reminds me that I am not my own.  

My friend was talking of how God knows our deepest desires that no one else knows and she shared one with me.  I then realized I am unaware of the deepest desires of my heart God is aware of so I should probably search those out so I can put them to use.  I love my Savior.  I love that he completes my heart.  I love that if no one else were in my life to build me up and admonish me in my faith walk I still would have no need to be sad.  Jesus is all I need and I will forever rest in his glory as he unconditionally overflows his love over me.  

My cup overflows.

1 comment:

Pam said...

BEAUTIFUL!
I love you daughter:)