Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Anxious.

For I believe the first time, I began to feel very anxious about my wedding tonight. As Jaime and I spent the evening shopping for bridesmaid shoes and jewelry I was enjoying my time with her and just feeling relaxed to be in her presence. I pretty much forced her into making some decisions because my mind was slowly getting on overload. When I got home my mind would not stop. The amount of things I have left to do is outrageous. Here this past month I thought that I was super on top of things and making a lot of leeway, and now, seventeen days away from my wedding my mind does not stop reminding me of all that has yet to be accomplished. In the midst of my crazy thought processes I just text Jonathon asking him to pray for me. He called me and as I started to mention the list of things to do he very firmly yet gently told me to stop what I was doing, go make tea, and read my Bible. I am a stubborn and very determined girl. So when I have a list of things to do I am not about to stop it. Plus my pride snuck in and in my mind I got all huffy; does he really think I haven't read my Bible yet today, it's already 10 pm and I have to get this stuff done so I can sleep longer than 5 hours tonight. As he persisted that I needed to drink tea and read my Bible my pridPost Optionse shattered and my determination for accomplishing wedding tasks was corrected to determination for God. And I had realized I hadn't read my Bible yet today. So I began at Isaiah 40. I stopped at verse 8 because it leaves me in awe. And what was going to be my Bible and Tea break has turned into the end of today for me. Im glad God is making my eyes so heavy I have no choice but to sleep. I really could use it.

No comments: