Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wedding Night.

Jon and I sat on the couch of our suite in The Westin, waiting for our luggage. As we sat there he began to tell me that he has promised to keep God in the very center of our marriage and he wanted to show me that by starting our marriage reading the Bible and praying. I am so in love with him. He vowed to read at least 2 chapters a day with me. We started by reading Song of Solomon; so very fitting :) We decided it would be fun to read through the Bible going through one book at a time, randomly. So last night we started on Job 1-2. I love when we read the Bible together. Job always gets me. In the very first chapter I am just in awe of how God brags about his precious son Job. I think it is just a beautiful reality of how God has made us his own and dances over us, sings over us, loves us and wants to push it in Satan's face that we are his devout followers, lovers and children. From Job chapter one we also were given the amazing example of falling face down in worship to God, no matter the circumstances. Right now things are pretty spiffy. We just got married and we're madly in love. God is covering our finances crazily, he has provided us with an amazing apartment to move into, beautiful family and friends ( A real real handsome nephew) and just blessing beyond measure. But life isn't always going to be this way for us. And even when everything seems to be falling apart. We will fall facedown in worship. Because our God, he reigns victorious and we will always praise his Holy Name.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Wow, God is amazing. I just sat down at the computer to blog and decided to read yours first. You talked about reading Job 1-2. I was blown away because that was my reading this morning and it was/will be part of my blog today. God connects his children together in so many ways. I love you both so dearly!