Saturday, January 16, 2010

Why I love Hugh.

This is why hanging out with a three year old for my best friend is the greatest.

As I am peeing he comes up outside the door:
"Emily, you better hurry up and get out of there or mommy and daddy will come home and see me out here all by myself and think you don't take care of me and leave me alone."

Other quotes from the evening:
Me: "What's the plan for our last night together Hugh?"
Hugh: "Well, we will start by reading books and then, well, you just don't worry about the plan, I know what we're doing."

"Let's go in the front bedroom, but be careful, it gets all trippy in there."

As we're laying in bed:
Me: "I love you Hugh."
Hugh: "I love you too."
Me: "Jesus loves you."
Hugh: "Jesus doesn't love me Emily, God loves me."
Me: "oh. oh alright."
Silence.
Hugh: "Emily?"
Me: "Ya?"
Hugh: "You know who is in my heart?"
Me: "No I don't. Who?"
Hugh: "Jesus is."
Me: "No way! Who's Jesus."
Hugh: "Well, I think he works for God. Ya, He works for God."
Me: "Oh, What does he do for him?"
Hugh: "Well, he cooks for him, and he makes smoke alarms and puts them on the walls for him, and I think he makes light bulbs and puts them in those things that are there in the things."
Me: "Wow, that's awesome of Jesus. Does he do anything else for God?"
Hugh: "Oh yes, He builds him all sorts of houses."
Me: "With what?"
Hugh: "Don't worry about it Emily"


"Listen Emily, I am not going to sleep until mommy and daddy come home because I do not go to sleep until I give them kisses."

"Hey, don't you think this is such a pectacular puzzle?"

"How about you just go to California for a week and come right back?"


I am going to miss this kid.

No comments: