Monday, August 10, 2009

"Jesus my heart must know I'm pleasing to you"

I have probably blogged about this song time and time again.
But every time we sing it I never fail to be moved, to be drastically moved.


VERSE 1
Sanctify me
Clean out my closet
Take away anything
That is not pleasing to You

Purify me
Destroy all my anger
Wash away everything
That is not pleasing to You

CHORUS
I will be white as snow
I will be pure as gold
Jesus my heart must know
I'm pleasing to You

I give my life my all
Taking the cross I will follow
Jesus my heart must know
I'm pleasing to You

VERSE 2
Sanctify me
You are the light to guide me
To the place where I am
Only pleasing to You

Oh come and Purify me Lord
I need your light inside me
So the darkness flees
And I can be pleasing to You


I always am thrown into a time of deep mediation and self-assessment as we sing that song.
And I am always brought so humbly to me knees.
Nothing about me should be pleasing to Jesus.
There's always one prevalent area of my heart that God is working on because it is disgusting and not in line with who he is. And then there are all of the other parts that God is not working on yet because he knows I cannot handle it all at one time. There will never be a time I can seriously test my heart and claim that it is pleasing to Jesus. Time and time again I have to face the daunting reality that I am a poor miserable sinner dying without the blood of Jesus. But praise God, I have been covered by his blood and I do have life. In times where we are testing our own hearts Satan definitely tries to jump in and from the truths we find about how short we fall of the glory of God, he tries to manipulate them into lies that God's love is in some way conditional on how we act. It is the victory of Jesus Christ that we have to claim, and when we do we can walk restored and beaming with the light of Christ.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hehe... This sentence makes you sound like you should be in Ireland with Denise and Mike... "And I am always brought so humbly to me knees." Blimey!