Monday, August 24, 2009

Mrs. Kearney

This is a teacher from the high school I went to.
She never taught me in any structured classes.
But she taught me more than any words I type now could express.
She went home to be with her Father in Heaven yesterday.
Part of me is just rejoicing so much.
How glorious for her.
She is just dancing with Jesus right now.
As a song I sang at lighouse last night would put it:

"On that day when I see
All that You have for me
When I see You face to face
There surrounded by Your grace
All my fears swept away
In the light of Your embrace
Where Your love is all I need
And forever I am free


Where the streets are made of gold
In Your presence healed and whole
Let the songs of heaven
Rise to You alone


No weeping no hurt or pain
No suffering You hold me now
You hold me now
No darkness no sick or lame
No hiding You hold me now
You hold me now


In this life I will stand
Through my joy and my pain
Knowing there's a greater day
There's a hope that never fails
Where Your Name is lifted high
And forever praises rise
For the glory of Your Name
I'm believing for the day


Where the wars and violence cease
All creation lives in peace
Let the songs of heaven
Rise to You alone


For eternity
All my heart will give
All the glory to Your Name"

Mrs. Kearney has been battling cancer.
When I say battling I mean battling.
That woman fought with everything she had.
I am so happy that she does not have to fight it anymore.
People often question God with the typical question:
"Why would you allow this person to suffer like this or like that?"
As much as I wish that in her lifetime on this earth she did not have to go through cancer.
What came from her fight was amazing.
Her joy.
Her smile.
Her laughter.
Her love.
If you had a conversation with her you would have no idea that pain that cancer was causing her physically.
Because her heart was amazing.
Her heart was joyful.
Her heart was vibrant.
Her heart was overflowing with the love of Christ.
This woman changed Lutheran High North.
Through her endurance through suffering and pain people saw what it meant to have a genuine relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
They saw that no matter what life throws at you a relationship with Jesus can keep a smile on your face.
Mrs. Kearney epitomized beauty.
Inside and Out.
Mrs. Kearney is so beautiful.
This world is not going to be the same without her.
There is one lonely flamingo sitting in a store somewhere that is always going to sit there
because Mrs. Kearney is not here to give it a home in her classroom.
Anyone who has had one conversation with her is going to have a special place in their heart for her always.
Sometimes if I was having a rough day at school I would pop my head in her classroom to say hi in passing.
Because I knew as soon as she flashed me her beautiful smile.
I would have a smile to give someone else.
I love her.
Jesus loves her.
I can only imagine the joy that Jesus must be feeling right now as he gets to dance with his beautiful bride.
Praise God for her life.
Praise God for her heart.
Praise God for her smile.
Praise God for her victory!
"Where o death is your victory, o where o death is your sting?"
By the power of the cross she has life eternal with the creator of the universe.



No comments: