Monday, August 24, 2009

Zephaniah 3:14-20

Zephaniah 4:17 "The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."

This verse has always hit me a special way.
It has left me speechless time and time again that this is how God views me.
Knowing that God is perfect and all knowing it always makes me question my insecure self.
Last night at lighthouse we sang a song from the perspective of God singing over us. Some people sang along. But I just fell into my chair and wept.

These past couple weeks I have been showered with blessings from God. Yet in the mix of it all I have lost intimacy with God.
I have been living Philippians 3:7-8, "But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish in order that I may gain Christ."
The blessings I have been given have turned into curses because of the lack of intimacy with my Savior Jesus Christ.

Last night as this song was song over me I could not control myself. I was taken off my feet by the abundant mercy, grace and faithfulness of my God. I literally felt swept off my feet by his love :)

"You're My Beloved
You're My Bride
To sing over you is My delight
Come away with Me My love

You're Beautiful to Me
So beautiful to Me

Under My mercy
Come and wait
Till we are standing face to face
I see no stain on you
My child

You're Beautiful to Me
So Beautiful to Me

I sing over you My song of peace
Cast all your care down at My feet
Come and find your rest in Me

I'll breathe My life inside of you
I'll bear you up on eagle's wings
And hide you in the shadow of My strength
I'll take you to My quiet waters
I'll restore your soul
Come rest in Me and be made whole

You're My beloved
You're My Bride
To sing over you is my delight
Come away with me my love"

I am so excited to be so close to God again.
I am so excited to fall into his loving embrace and feel my heart beating with his.
Last night was overwhelming.
God is so faithful.
He has never let go of me.
Intimacy with him is so beautiful and so amazing God could take anything away and I could not be sad.
Take away my car.
Take away my apartment.
Take away my job.
Take away my friends.
Take away my family.
Take away my money.
Take it all.
And give me more of God.
And I will sing for joy.
I understand how Job felt.
I love my God.
I love him so dearly and so deeply.
Oh words cannot suffice.

No comments: