Saturday, April 4, 2009

Uncle Kurt.

My great Uncle Kurt died tonight.  He was such a precious precious man and I tried to cry about it but I just cannot.  While I was reading the email I was listening to Francis Chan speak a message on Philippians 4 and reminding us that we are commanded to rejoice that our names our in the book of life.  It was too perfect to even cry about.  My Uncle Kurt is in heaven right now.  He is reading his name in the book of life and saying "Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come."  What greater joy could he be experiencing right now?  So why should I shed tears that he has departed.  For as Paul says in the beginning of Philippians, "to die is gain."  Uncle Kurt has surely gained today.  I am excited to join in his never ending praise to our Holy, Merciful and Loving God and Savior.  As most every email update on his health closed out, I will close.

God is Good
All the time
All the time
God IS Good.  

1 comment:

AB said...

Sorry about your Uncle. Phil. 1:21 is my favorite verse. No matter what happens, life or death, Christ is there. Death isn't so scary with that knowledge.