Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Children's Books.

The children at my daycare love reading books so much. This makes me smile so much. The second book I read to three little boys was handed to me by a 1.5 year old boy. It is by Max Lucado... Just in Case You Ever Wonder

"Long, love ago God made a decision-
a very important decision...
one that I'm really glad He made.
He made the decision to make you.

The same hands that made the stars made you.
The same hands that made the canyons made you.
The same hands that made trees and the moon and the sun made you.
That's why you are so special. God made you.

He made you in a very special way.
He made your eyes so they would twinkly.
He made you mouth so you could smile.
He made you laugh so you could giggle.
God made you like no one else.

If you looked all over the world-
in every house- there would be
no one else like you...
no one with you eyes,
no one with your mouth,
no one with your laugh.
You are very, very special."

:) I smiled big when I read this. What was meant for little children touched the heart of a nineteen year old today. My God sees in me what he created so uniquely that no person will ever be able to see. He thinks I am something else. He thinks I am the apple of his eye.

2 comments:

Constance said...

I cried the first time I read this book to the kids. And, I've cried every time thereafter. I cry because in my broken humaness, I do wonder. I cry because I know in the innocence of their childhood, I don't think they do wonder. I cry because they are two and they understand the mysteries of Christ more than I ever could. I don't want them to ever lose that.

Emily said...

This is why I love working with you. You are amazing. We have these kids covered in prayer :)