Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"My niece is coming to church on Sunday..."

I met with two very amazing people today at Starbucks to pray.  I love that the three of us could sit there in very passionate prayer and just as we were about to end we overheard a barista saying that her niece was going to church on Sunday.  We heard nothing before and nothing after, but we prayed for them :)  It made us all very happy about life.  Sometimes I really cannot get enough of prayer.  It is so amazing that are prayers are heard by God and they are like incense to him.  My God is so amazing.  I love that his Spirit convicts me.  After a sin today that could be seen as so minor in the eyes of even fellow Christians,  the Spirit convicted my heart so deeply that I was near physical shaking and my heart burned within me.  I was able to repent so immediately but found that I was still feeling his deep discipline.  I than realized that the discipline I thought I was feeling after I had repented was Satan working his lies into my mind.  I was able to immediately counteract those lies with truth from scripture and rebuke the demons that were trying to invade my mind.  I praise my God that he laid the scripture on my heart.  I am so grateful that God is teaching me what it means to take every thought captive.  If only it was easier than it sounded.  Every.  That doesn't leave much room for letting a few thoughts slip by.  

If it is not for God,
it is against God.    

No comments: