Thursday, June 25, 2009

Laughter.

Green Tea is relaxing.
Sisters are amazing.
And my night was unexplainably superb.
But I am going to try to explain anyways.

After an interesting day at work with power out and no air and energetic children and the like, I came home smelly and enjoyed a comforting shower. After that refreshment two beautiful friends walked through my door. They came with a lasagna dinner for my whole family and I, a goody basket for me and three tiny containers of ice cream. We had an amazing dinner with my family. We laughed, told stories and I ate. I ate without any stomach pain. I didn't want to throw up afterwards. I enjoyed most bites except the ones that impacted the teeth the dentist worked on earlier today. My heart felt a tiny bit lighter during this time.

The three of us went downstairs to cozy up on the couch and talk. I opened their goody basket and was overcome with the generosity, thoughtfulness and color coordinating ability. The last item I opened was one of those cute flippy calender things that has a quote for each new day. I would have started at the beginning but it wasn't January 1. So I opened up to June 25 and read.

"If you can eat today, enjoy the sunlight today, mix good cheer with friends today, enjoy it and bless God for it"
I wanted to cry but had no tears. "If" you can eat today. Why would anyone in their right mind put an if and can about eating. Except that God wrote it for my heart. I could eat tonight! And I did! I was in awe of the sunlight today because there were crazy storms but randomly the sun would break forth and I was awestruck by it. Good cheer and good friends. Mixed together. This was written for me. We had such a great night together. We talked, ate ice cream and did crunches and the plank... And planned a possible trip?! :) And we laughed. I laughed. My heart still hurts. It hurts bad. Sometimes when I think it might be going away it comes back full fledged as it did when it first started. But I am smiling.

At work this afternoon I went to the kitchen and noticed a sign on the refrigerator door that I know has been there since I had first started working. But for some reason I have only ever read the mission statement and never the verse underneath it. Today I noticed there was a verse and as I read it I laughed. I asked God if this was a joke, and he just laughed a little with me:
Joshua 1:9... "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
I love how God has overtaken every moment of my days and nights.

No comments: