Saturday, December 20, 2008

Babysitting.

I am pretty much anti bringing anyone with me babysitting. I always have been and I still think I always will be. Yet today with the road conditions, car situations and family craziness Jonathon joined me. We watched two beautiful children who went to bed by eight. That gave us a solid four hours to ourselves. This was something I have selfishly needed since he has been back. I can happily say that we accomplished nothing! We did not get online or even glance in the way of a tv screen. We played a very miserable attempt of Truth or Dare where we were lazy enough to never get off the couch. I refused to try to break dance and he refused to try to take apart the Christmas tree and put it back together. Reasonable. We spent some time reading 2 Corinthians where we were reminded of Christ's strength through our weakness which was an absolutely necessary reminder at this time. We also had one of those conversations where one person talks for basically the entire time yet it feels like it was the most thorough discussion. (Believe it or not, it was Jonathon who did all of the talking.) I just love that.

In the middle of all of this serious and not so serious time spent together we noticed something very sad. I am completely and helplessly predictable. About 75% of the time after Jonathon makes a joke or comment to me he can say my response before I even begin it. This is depressing to me. What is even more depressing is that he can imitate me so perfectly that it basically sounds just like me. You should have heard it when we had a conversation. By we I actually mean Jonathon carrying on a conversation back and forth being both of us while I sat there silent and amazed at how well Jonathon listens to my very distinct responses. I am going to read the dictionary. I need new words and phrases to knock his socks off.

I am sleepy now.

No comments: