Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Overflowing Generosity.

I was almost brought to tears tonight opening gifts with some of Jonathon's family.  His parents bought me this beautiful winter coat, scarf and gloves.  People should not be allowed to be so generous, it makes a person like me speechless and fighting back the tears.  Even writing about it an hour later it is hard to not cry.  I received gift cards, shirts, and earrings.  They were all so beautiful and I could not be more thankful.  I was very adamant about not wanting gifts this year for Christmas, feeling all selfish and stuff.  But it is not so bad.  I had to get out of my little world and realize that this was God's way of providing for some needs that I was trying to ignore.  He is so good to me and never fails me.  

Jon of course has reminded everyone how well I am at weaseling my way into their family.  I don't mind.  It is nice to know that I would not be this accepted if he did not allow it.  I know we aren't married or engaged even, but they are family to me and I just love them for it. 

No comments: