Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wet Hair.

I am not a fan of going to sleep with wet hair.

But after a rigorous hour long taebo workout and a beautifully hot shower, the thought of blow drying my hair seems absolutely silly! I will sleep on wet hair, and love it entirely!  

Jonathon and I have decided a new way to grow together spiritually despite the distance.
Every Sunday we will alternate choosing a short passage to study in depth individually and together whenever we get the chance.  From that passage we are going to choose one verse to memorize.  God laid this on my heart Sunday morning as I sat at Starbucks in LA feeding on His word.  He once again reminded me the importance of having scripture written on my heart.  I asked Jonathon about this and a little to my dismay he could not have seemed happier about it.  I told him he should choose first.  This week we are looking at 1 John 3:4-10.  It is incredibly convicting in many ways and I do not think any person could read through and not feel the Word penetrate his/her heart.  Realizing the hectic week Jonathon has in front of him I sort of expected him to pick a short verse that we would have memorized by Sunday.  
No, he picked verse 10 which reads as follows: 

"By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother."   Ouch.  What I love about this passion God has laid on my heart to have his laws stored in my heart {Psalm 119:11... I had to look that up:(  is made clear through this verse that Jonathon picked out for this week.  In my attempt to memorize it I will be repeating it over and over again in my head.  In this I know that when any thoughts arise against a brother or sister I will be quicker to capture it when I repeat this verse in my head, knowing that if I do not love my brother I am not of God.  

Oh to be in love with Jesus! Joyous.
Speaking of joyous, I just love Psalm 84:2!! 

I will sleep now... or continue to lie in bed awake and function on four shots of espresso tomorrow... So unhealthy!! 

No comments: