Friday, December 5, 2008

Solution...

I love the song Solution by Hillsong. It is amazing, just for the record.

Oasis was amazing last night.  Something about that concert made my mind go crazy and there were some random things I felt these connections to.  For instance:  Liam is a weirdo.  In the middle of a song he will just stand there.  He looks as though he is zoning out entirely and is oblivious to the entire band around him rocking out and the Staples center full of people screaming.  At first I laughed.  It was funny. But after a little bit of time I felt this crazy connection to him.  This strange feeling that that was actually me standing up there, in the midst of chaos and spiritual warfare.  That it was so scary and intense that I could do anything but stand there, staring up to God and asking Him to do it for me because I am too weak.  

An amazing song is The Importance of Being Idle.  In it they sing, "I can't get a life if my heart's not in it."  I just realized how this stood true for so many Christians.  That they can believe in Jesus as their savior and their faith and love just stops there.  What a depressing life to be living.  The difference of believing in Jesus and having Him engulf your heart with His love and compassion is all that makes life worth living.  

At another point in the concert I was standing in front of Jonathon with his arms around me.  I entirely lost focus on where we were.  For a brief moment us standing at Oasis listening to whatever song they were playing was transitioned into a fall night two years ago.  That particular night we were standing exactly the same way, but instead of Oasis rocking out, it was the Goo Goo Dolls.  They were playing Let Love In and my stomach was filled with butterflies and my heart was pounding like it was at that early point in our relationship. 

All I Can Say by the David Crowder Band is also amazing.
I love itunes shuffle playing amazing worship music while we get ready to go out to the most amazing cafe ever created.
Cafe Audrey.  

2 comments:

Elle Bee said...

Part of me thinks that God listens to David Crowder and smiles.

His version of "All Creatures" is what I imagine playing when I enter the Pearly Gates :)

Elle Bee said...

PS- The best Jon's don't have an "h" in them. :)