Thursday, December 25, 2008

Cheers to you Irma.

My beloved car has momentarily abandoned the pact we made with each other.  I promised her I would never let another own her until my life called me out to California and she guaranteed me that she would never leave me hanging where I would have to purchase another car.  No car could compare.  

My car is a big joke to Jon Ketchum and many others.  Pushing on her 23rd year of life and running beautifully Jon likes to so often remind me that every time he steps inside her he feels like he is in an Audrey Hepburn movie.  (This is the greatest compliment to me though due to my admiration of Audrey).  He also tells me that he fears for his life.  His new one today was that Irma would soon need a pace maker.  I am not the abusive type but as I was driving I jumped to Irma's defense and hit him.  Little did I know that as we sat down in Irma a few hours later before the eleven o'clock Christmas Eve service her starting capabilities would fail her.  If Jonathon was not laughing so hard I can assure you I would have been in tears.  As we drove to the service in a not so amazing car Jonathon just kept reminding me that Irma died and did not even have time for the pace maker.  

I have full confidence that her abandonment is brief and with some love and encouragement we will be driving together very soon.  This past year we have been through so much.  She has gone everywhere with me and I just love her for that.  We have had some amazing adventures and I do not believe they are over.  No car will ever be as great as Irma and I am anxiously anticipating her return.  We have so much of our future planned!  It would break my heart to spend these plans with anyone but her. 

No comments: