Wednesday, January 7, 2009

and Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me"


It is exciting to have a super amazingly talented boyfriend. 


Sometimes I think the children at my work help me more than I help them.  Honestly without them I do not think I would have made it through my day.  Their bright smiles, tight hugs, and loud laughs brought so much joy to my day.  I go to work to serve the beautiful children God has created.  I use the talents he has given me to encourage their exploration of the world around them and I could not be more blessed with a better opportunity. I love it.  Today I felt so selfish though.  They taught me more than I could have possibly taught them, but God used them to bring joy to my heart.  
One girl wakes up about an hour early from nap without fail.  Usually she comes over to the group of about three teachers and just makes her way around soaking up all of our attention.  today she walked over with her blanket and climbed up in my lap.  We rocked for over twenty minutes and she just cuddled so close to me.  We talked, laughed, counted, sang, and just smiled together.  Every time I turned my head away from her she would gently reach up to my cheek and pull my face back toward hers.  It was so beautiful and I so selfishly needed her to love on me like that.  It was hard not to cry realizing once again how God so quickly instills beauty, love, and compassion in His children.  It is amazing to me that God knows each of our hearts so intimately that He can begin to heal the pain in a way so unexpected.  I love Him for that and so much more.    

2 comments:

Jesse Scenga said...

Lilah is pretty precious! I love the during nap cuddles that she gives!

Andrea said...

reading this reminds me why i still hold on to kc when we both know i could easily afford to walk away. thank you for this post.