Thursday, January 29, 2009

Proverbs.

I just must share a few verses from Proverbs that seem perfectly fitting considering my last post and how great God is in speaking to our hearts.

From Chapter 14
verse 5:  A faithful witness does not lie, but a false witness breathes out lies
verse 11:  The house of the wicked will be destroyed, but the tent of the upright will flourish
verse 23:  In all toil there is profit, but mere talk tends only to poverty
verse 25:  A truthful witness saves lives, but one who breathes out lies is deceitful
verse 26:  In the fear of the Lord one has strong confidence, and his children will have refuge
verse 29:  Whoever is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly
verse 33:  Wisdom rests in the heart of a man of understanding, but it makes itself known even in the midst of fools

And we continue past Proverbs...

Romans 5:35- More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame because God's  love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Ephesians 3:16- That according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being.

Ephesians 4:26- Be angry and do not sin

Jude 20-21- But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.

Revelation 3:1- ...I know your works.  You have a reputation or being alive, but you are dead.

Revelation 22:17- The Spirit and the Bride say, "Come."  And let the one who hears say, "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires the water of life without price.  

I love when I allow God to lead where I flip to and to have a quiet heart to hear and see where he is pointing for me to read.  We can just talk like that.  I am so blessed and love my God and my Savior so much.  I am confident that April 28, 2008 I was baptized in the Holy Spirit.  I praise God for blessing me with this amazing gift and I will praise his name for that night always.  My relationship with him has not been the same since.  I cannot believe that was less than a year ago!  How quickly God does work.  Oh I am so in love!! 

Tomorrow morning I will wake up at 856 am to the following.

Oh Happy Day Happy Day!
You washed my sin away
Oh Happy Day Happy Day!
Ill never be the same.
Forever I am changed

How glorious. 

No comments: