Friday, January 2, 2009

Precisely seven hours

Until Jonathon leaves for the airport.  I decided not to go because unlike the last few times we have seen each other, we do not have a date to look forward to.  The ambiguity of it all makes for a very difficult good bye and I would rather not have to sit in the car with his mom and grandpa and make them have to deal with me crying the whole hour back home, because let's face it, I would be.  Luckily I have a very dear friend Jaime who I know will be patient with me as we enjoy an entire day together tomorrow!  How beautiful.  I will never tire of Barnes and Noble, random little coffee shops in downtown Royal Oak and a lovely smiling girl who speaks truth to my heart and fills me up with convicting and loving conversations.  I am so blessed.

Speaking of blessed.  Jon Ketchum has been blessed with the most amazing musical talent I have ever witnessed.  Honestly.  He has to prepare for his show on Saturday with Mandi and I could be super pissed that a lot of our last evening together he has to spend practicing, but I am totally not.  I get to sit on the bed and watch him play.  It is so amazing to me how his passion shows through even off stage.  His dedication is insane and I could get sick of hearing the same song over and over again but this song him and Mandi wrote together is fricken insane.  Almost Stars. I am very sad I will not be able to watch them perform on Saturday.  

Anyways, it is getting late and I cannot write when I am tired.  But I am just sad Jonathon is leaving, writing is nice and I'm too lazy to go get my feather pen journal from downstairs.    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that you are missing Jon like crazy, hang in there and you two will soon be together again. I know that it's hard, but God will do amazing things between you near and far.