Thursday, January 1, 2009

No more coffee?

It is true.  I am officially addicted to tea.  I have realized the drastic difference in how I feel after a few cups.  With coffee, a few cups into it and I feel bloated and kind of grindy.  Tea.  Tea is beautiful.  I just pee a lot is all.  I love the transition.  I hope that early days at work do not change this for me!!

Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year has come and gone.  To be honest, I am glad it is gone.  Not that I hate the holidays in any way, 2008 just held challenges that made it a very trying season.  Jonathon heads back to California tomorrow morning and although it will be very sad without him I am very happy for him.  We have both been completely drained this past month and I think are both feeling very empty right now.  

Before Jonathon came home for Thanksgiving I had a solid two weeks of the most crazy God high ever.  It was amazing.  I mean, God and I hung out all the time.  That is all that I ever wanted to do.  I was up till at least two every night just praying and diving into his Word.  I reached a point where I seriously wondered if I had anymore room to be filled up.  I knew it was bound to end.  God gives us our mountain top experiences and then asks us to walk back down and make use of what He has done with us and shown us.  Two weeks of being filled to the brim, to be emptied one month later.  I know it was worth it.  I praise His name for how perfectly he entwines our lives and the circumstances around us.  I just pray that He would fill me back up.  I do not know how much more I can take.  

As my vacation comes to a close I do not dread going back to work.  I look forward to being around the beautiful children God has blessed in my care.  In their faces I see innocence and love that I yearn to be in the presence of.  

God is good
all the time
all the time
God is good. 

Oh and I write with a feather pen now too :)  I have two journals and a blog to keep up on and I just love it.  But the feather pen's journal does prove to be the most popular right now.  Honestly, who would pick a computer over a feather pen? 

No comments: