Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Once every three years (fashionable late ) Christmas letter

(I thought I would post my dad's "Christmas letter" that he just emailed out to our family.  He makes me laugh.  I am so blessed to have such an amazing man of God as my father, to love me and model what it means to be a follower of Christ)

Greetings Family,

Thought we should get you up to date on our family.

Angela (16) is a sophmore. Favorite subject: snow/cold days; Favorite sport: Wii (but we don't have one) so she cannot play her favorite sport; I suggested moving fire wood; she agreed to drive the tractor, still scratching my bald head on how that works out for me; High school beats middle school; crafts & creating jewelry; continually has the cleanest, neatest, organizest, cutely decorated bedroom I've EVER seen.

Yoojin (17): She's a fashion statement; snowboards; is pleased there are many good looking boys in the world; has a double-digit GPA ... almost; when she is not studying she is studying, and when she is not studying or studying ... she is studyng; she makes my head hurt; that is why we take her out and push her down steep icy hills; haven't asked her if American boys or Korean boys are cuter, I'm sure she would be gracious in her response.

Emily (19): I'm told she still lives at our house. I have an appointment to meet with her ... two weeks from Tuesday, nice of her to fit me into her schedule; her boy makes music out in LA; she takes care of kids in Michigan; she flies east and west a lot; I think she likes the boy. Early childhood; great pre-schooler stories at the end of her work day; May still be on track for associates in early childhood in May, I should ask her (Scratch that, August); She makes me dizzy sometimes. You can read about her car (Irma) on her facebook, now that's a "trip."

Mike (23) & Denise (23): Newly-weds; A bit of a rebel duo; She likes the boy, he likes the girl, that's a good thing; Apartment with the fewest CUBIC feet in metro Detroit, enough room for a half a visitor at a time; physical therapy duo (AKA: Pay for PAIN); Aug 09 begin 11 month world mission trip.


Eric (30 something) & Nicole (24): Car & sports man (Madden 2009, look out); great appreciation for history and nostalgia; very pregnant mother-to-be (Feb 2 due date); setting up new temporary home; Nicole's last empoyment stint: school photographer; ok, anytime now we're ready to call Pam, "grandma" ...

Tim & Pam began our 26th year together on July 16, 2008, We went to the chapel to renew our vows. That week was the greatest week.
Pam (very young grandma-to-be): Has probably had enough fun working in church offices; presently full-time homemaker. She likes me, that's grand; loves holding babies (BACK OFF grandma!), you have to let the mother hold her baby, could be issues here; learning the art of transition.

Tim (Not quite so young grandpa-to-be): In transition,...moving into a ministry sabbath. stepping out of current ministry; taking a breath, then the next step, don't know what that is yet, this is an interesting place to be; Everyone should do it sometime , ... just for fun! Our kids are cheering us on; Living in Metro Detroit in 2008-9, whoa baby, just read the papers on that one. Our life has taken the most interesting of twists and turns, wouldn't trade it for the world.

We cannot even begin to describe how the Holy Spirit has turned our life around, up-side-down, and in-side-out over the last two and a half years. If you like a life cool and steady, be sure NEVER to sincerely utter the words out loud, " Jesus, you can do WHATEVER you want to do with me." :) His journey has us on a somewhat new and refreshed path, and we have no intention of turning back.

Attached are some family update pictues for you to see.

Blessings to you all,
Tim, Pam, and family

No comments: