Thursday, January 8, 2009

Power.

I apologize in advance for this blog.  I am half asleep but wanting to read my Bible.  I am far too tired to use a feather pen and my other journal is upstairs on the counter. I am lazy, and so I will type. 

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
-2 Corinthians 12:9
At a time where I feel as though I have nothing, this verse rings loudly in my mind.  I am just reassured that I have nothing but weakness so at some point God's strength and power will be revealed.   

Luke 4:35
"But Jesus rebuked him saying, "Be silent and come out of him.""
Okay so this will never cease to amaze me.  It is no big surprise that Jesus can cast out demons.  I mean, He is God and He did defeat them when He rose from the dead.  He was just great like that.  But look at Emily for a brief moment.  We do not need to sugarcoat this at all.  I am not so great.  I screw up bad, every day.  I claim to have this crazy desire to walk in step with the Spirit intuitively every day, but than I keep my Bible tucked away in my purse for a few days and wake up complaining about the day rather than praising God that He gave me another one!  I am just flat out dumb.  But according to God I can say, "Be silent and come out of him."  Not only can I say it, but it will happen!  No where in me do I have the authority or strength to cast out demons.  But praise God for his grace and for my stupid human weaknesses because I can open myself up to His will and allow his Power to be made perfect!!  His power to defeat Satan at the cross and on the day He rose has been passed onto me.  Big stuff.  I have been discussing such related material for the past several weeks pretty much nonstop.  Yet I am still blown away!!! It is insane.  And I like that God showed me these two verses tonight and put them together for me.  They fit nicely.  Now I will sleep.  I will be honest about how I wake up in the morning.  Hold me accountable. I need that.  

No comments: