Monday, March 9, 2009

Annoyed.

Yesterday my dad told me that the next thing Satan was going to try to do to stop Jaime and I from furthing God's kingdom on this earth is to start to get us annoyed with each other. This will be interesting. I'm excited for that day when I am annoyed with her and I can laugh and be upfront and tell Satan to step off. Our friendship is of God and cannot be divided.

Tonight Jonathon and I talked for over an hour. Amazing. I love hearing his heart. Hearing him talk about Jesus rocks me and I cannot get enough of how God teaches us through each other. What a blessing that surely is.

I cannot sleep so I might as well just finish off the rest of my trip.

Sunday it is- We went to worship at Oasis Christian Church which is the amazing church that Jonathon attends and plays at. It was an amazing time of worship and the pastor spoke about reaching out to our family and friends. He was pretty blunt about things and definitely allowed himself to be merely a gateway for the Spirit to speak. It's a shame not every pastor does that. Or every Christian for that matter. We decided to spend the afternoon at Santa Monica since Jonathon had a show there before he had to drive us to the airport. LB and Nicole took off and did their cute little thing. Jonathon and I just walked and walked and walked. We stopped at a couple stores because I am obsessed with cards. But mostly we just drank coffee or tea and walked around. It was such a carefree day and so enjoyable to not have any definite plans for those few hours. Just being in conversation and being able to hold hands meant the world to me. He spent a good portion of his energy trying to convince me to move out there soon. It was pretty dang cute and made me even more sad to go home. I made him promise to find two things before I moved there: A cute coffee shop that is unique and we could call our own and a little cove thing at Laguna we could have picnics at and escape to. I am excited for those. At one point in the afternoon when Jonathon ran in somewhere to use the restroom I had a young homeless man begin conversation with me. Basically to sum up everything he said was that he wanted to marry me and coming home to a beautiful wife to make dinner for and give foot massages to would give him motivation to get a job. About three different times he asked me to be his wife. I said no every time. God pulled me out of that conversation pretty quickly which kind of confused me because he was spitting out phrases like "theres no hope" and "I dont have anything to live for" which to me lead right into the gospel of Jesus Christ. But God said get out, so I did, and only He knows why.

That night Jonathon played an acoustic gig with Mandi Perkins for cancer research. It was basically amazing. I cannot really describe where it was located except that it was between two buildings, higher up, and outside. It was at a restaurant and they only had a fifteen minute set which was a little sad because I love watching Jonathon play and Mandi is a killer singer, but I was happy with what I got. Their voices are just amazing together and every time I am blown away by the talent. Being able to watch Jonathon touched me in a way it hasn't really since he first played Breakfast at Tiffany's at coffee beanery. Well we booked it out of there and got to the airport on time which was kind of depressing.

I would have been okay if we missed our flight.


Either I am getting sick or I sang too much today. My throat is killing me.
Sleep maybe?

No comments: