Sunday, March 22, 2009

Diseased.

I am so bit up on my arms that I look seriously diseased.  I have been scratching them so stinkin hardcore that many of the bites are bleeding.  Excellent. 

Okay so basically my heart cannot get enough of Jesus.  He is crazy good and faithful to me.  I cannot even express my deepest desires to serve the homeless in California.  God keeps assuring me that he is the one putting these passions on my heart and that he is preparing me for what is to come.  My heart is currently not loving enough and he has to major deal with that issue.  It may hurt and all when God is dealing with us, but it is so reassuring as well.  He puts us through the fire so that we can come out refined.  That is such a beautiful truth that will forever shape my life as a Christian.  God commands us in 2 Corinthians 13:5 to "Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith."  The issue with many Christians and something I have found myself in time and time again is the oh so common phrase, "Well, I am only human, I will never be perfect."  And then it stops there.  We just rest in that instead of breaking out of the complacency we find ourselves in.  Amos 6:1 warns us, "Woe to those who are at ease in Zion, and to those who feel secure on the mountain of Samaria."  I never want to feel at ease or secure in my life situation or worse off in my relationship with Christ Jesus.  I always want to be yearning, begging and straining for more of him.  For not only his mercy but also his discipline.  I am so blessed to be his daughter and bride.  His creation, made to worship his awesome name.  One day... I am going to be in his beautiful nature, and hear the rocks cry out to worship his name. It is going to absolutely rock!  Oh... That was weird. I don't know what other word to replace it with though.  


"Isn't it a comfort to worship a God we cannot exaggerate?" 
-Francis Chan
I love my Creator.  My God.  I long to worship Him with every breath he blesses me with.     

No comments: