Friday, March 27, 2009

Intelligent.

I feel like I should write something smart and debatable.  But I have absolutely nothing.
 
I am just super in love with Jesus.

Ohhh! I'll share a great friend and winning against Satan story.

So Kairos. Jaime is all talking and at the end of what she was saying she says something to the effect of "now I'm probably going to go and Satan is going to attack me hardcore now that I said that."

So she goes home and I get a text that is like, I was right, Satan is going at me crazy.

I respond by what? Laughing. I laugh.  Because unlike God, Satan is predictable.  Mid text response of laughing I cannot go into detail but I get a text that was Satans way of attacking me beyond what I was prepared for.  So I apologize for laughing and tell her it is going to be a busy night of battle. 

I proceed to be a girl about life and cry and get angry and cry some more and get even more angry.  After about two minutes of this little I'm so miserable and pitiful fit I get all pissy at Satan.  I speak angrily and I put him in his place.  I then decide, ha, I am not going to sit here and be all pitiful, no I am going to whip out my sword for battle (which Ephesians tells me is the word of God).  So I pull it out and the first words I read are... "Now if anyone has caused pain..." and the last words I read are "so that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs."  2 Corinthians 2:5-11
umm. Hey God.  I am all about claiming the victory of Jesus Christ. 
He makes things of the flesh seem silly. 


"People who are obsessed with Jesus aren't consumed with their personal safety and comfort above all else.  Obsessed people care more about God's kingdom coming to this earth than their own lives being shielded from pain or distress."
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this. And it really was funny.