Monday, March 23, 2009

forty nine layers.

Random thoughts at midnight. 

_I have officially scratched off 49+ layers of skin.  This is just insane.  If God ever calls me to live in Mississippi I can honestly say I would cry a bit.  The amount of mosquitos and chiggers there that will eat you alive is ridiculous.  

_My toes on my right foot are still so very swollen.  

_I miss Royal Oak: 
"They like Jesus.  
They don't want our numbers.  
I'm trying to figure out why we're still standing here." 

_Jeremiah 48:10 "Cursed is he who does the work of the LORD with slackness."

_Isaiah 55:12 "For you shall go out in joy and be led in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands."

_The Song of Solomon 3:3-4a "The watchmen found me in the city. 'Have you seen him whom my soul loves?' Scarcely had I passed them when I found him whom my soul loves, I held him, and would not let him go"

_Matthew 10:8-10 "Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons.  You received without paying; give without pay.  Acquire no gold nor silver nor copper for your belts, no bag for your journey, nor two tunics not sandals nor a staff, for the laborer deserves his food."

_Matthew 9:36 "When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd." 

_John 21:25 "Now there are also many other things that Jesus did.  Were every one of hem to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written."

_I just read a few articles about how stupid Christians are, and I cried a little bit because I see why people think that.  If only we didn't have to get in the way of who Jesus Christ really is.  There would be so many more people in heaven.

_Colossians 2:20 "If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations...?"

_I am so itchy I want to take a benadryl, but then I will be sleeping when Jonathon can talk in a little bit.  Priorities.  Jonathon wins.  He's worth losing another 14 layers of skin for.

_1 John 3:1 "See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God, and so we are."

-Jesus is so in love with me that he wants to spend eternity with me.  My sinful nature prevented that so he died as a propitiation for my sins and now I can have an eternal perspective with the knowledge that my eternal life is going to be spent worshipping my God and my Savior.  His love is not based on what I can do for him, for I can do nothing but offer my humble and contrite worship which he is not in any need for.  My God is so unfathomable.  

_I have a stellar rockstar boyfriend who loves me.  So strange.  I can't sing in tune and burp a little bit more than any ladylike girl should.  I can be pretty emotional and don't understand him when he talks about music usually. I don't like a lot of money and don't often think before I speak. 

_I just got a text from a friend who was in a roll over accident today, but she is fine.  I am so thankful.  I have only known her for a short time but love her so much already.  

_I am tired.  

1 comment:

Mike said...

I can totally relate to the itching...it really sucks.

I may go to the doctor up here to see if they can do something for me, I'll let you know what they say!