Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cannot sleep.

I think the fourteen hours I spent sleeping last night may have messed me up a little bit. I decided to sleep on the couch tonight. Last night I slept so long, warm and comfortably in a nice big bed and woke up feeling pretty dang guilty. So although this is a pretty killer couch and I am watching a beautiful fireplace, maybe the fire will die down quickly and I will wake up in a couple hours freezing so I don't feel so guilty. But than of course I'll just reach down and grab the quilt I have on the ground...

Speaking of feeling guilty, let me tell you about the amazing vacation I just spent in California.

Thursday- Still on MI time Nicole, LB and I were up at six and ready to go... poor Jonathon. We gave him a couple more hours to sleep and then we took off for Santa Monica. I just love it there. We walked and shopped and walked some more. I pissed Jonathon off because I wouldn't let him buy me a new outfit. But who can afford a new outfit? Plus I went with a suitcase full of clothes, what more could I need? We walked to the end of the pier which was a nice time because I love everything about the water. The sand felt so amazing in my toes when we finally got down to the beach. We walked and walked. Finally Jonathon decided he wanted to sit. So the two of us sat. We kissed once or twice and just smiled into the ocean. We realized we do not have super a lot in common but that rocks for us. It gives us more to talk about and more to learn from each other. The two of us enjoyed a nice lunch together inside but where the walls are wide open so we're basically outside. It was cute and italian. I spilled my water all over when I was trying to rip a piece of bread in half. The vegetables were yummy. The chicken was lame.

We had two shows in store for the night. His friend was playing at the House of Blues and a friend from church was playing at the Baked Potato. After a seven dollar valet and paying ten bucks the guy who checked Jon's id informed him it was over 21 only. Shucks for being little kids who aren't even 20. We got our ten bucks back but valet was not so generous. So off to the Baked Potato we went. Upon arrival the valet guy tells us its 21+ but than managed to get us in. Good man. (ps. Is anyone sick of paying valet by now?) This show absolutely rocked though. This band comprised of bass, drums, keyboard, singer, and crazy rapper, floutist, saxophonist talented guy ever. Funny story...
He's warming up playing his flute and all,
Jon's friend Chris: Do you think he's better than anchorman?
Jon: haha. I don't know man.
Chris leaves for a few minutes to talk to someone. Upon return..
Chris: Dude, he IS anchorman!
haha. cute.
Anways. So the show rocked. It was this mix of hip hop, jazz, rap and who knows what else. I had chills most of the time. Amazing talent. Jon and I split a chicken teryaki baked potato. No joke. And after our two drink minimum for the night that consisted of three waters and one sprite between the two of us we left after a $30 bill. Awesome.

I feel bad writing such long posts because I am sure no one reads them all of the way through just like Jonathon deletes my voicemails halfway through. I will start a new one for Friday. It seems only fitting... Heck, I just noticed the time. It can wait.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

i check and read your blog every morning... just now, i read it while eating a bagel.