Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Copyright: Denise Murphy. My sister and inspiration.

Personally, I’m frustrated. Frustrated that somehow we have come to the point where we literally think that there are people out there that are beneath deserving of love. We have come to the point where we don’t treat people like they are a LIVING HUMAN BEING.

I don’t want to sound harsh ….But I feel completely helpless lately trying to defend this…

The next time someone stereotypes a homeless person to be a dangerous, crazy, alcoholic who will kill you, I will ask how many people they have tried to get to know that don’t have a home. Then I will tell of Jade and Pam. Yes, they beg for money. Why? It’s called survival. Their homes burned down. Jade and Pam could possibly beat most anyone in trivia and they cry because they are so excited to see you. And they make me laugh.

The next time I hear someone stereotype a homeless man I WILL defend my Savior. “the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." Matthew 8:20. That’s right, JESUS WAS HOMELESS. Yes, that homeless person that many rejected because he didn’t look as nice as them, they killed, and later to find out SAVED THE WORLD!!
(The average homeless is age 9)


The next time I hear someone say nasty degrading things about someone living in prostitution. I will say that they are not “prostitutes”. They are God’s daughters. Maybe we should ask those girls who loves them and if they have ever felt loved or wanted beyond their bodies. Ask them if they want another way of life. Don’t assume they don’t. Tell them they are precious.


The next time I hear someone tell me that it’s not worth risking my life to help people in Africa because it is a bad place and they are used to killings anyways, I will ask if they have met any orphans in Africa? I have, and I know that the children have night terrors of their parents being murdered and are scared of snakes. THEY ARE NOT USED TO MURDER. And I WILL risk my life because it’s not about me. And I will say. “25For whoever wants to save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.” Matthew 16:25

The next time someone tells me they would never help someone in a third world country because they don’t want a disease. I will say that I have God on my side, who healed blindness and leprosy. And yes, there are humans in those countries. LIVING HUMANS forgotten by many because we feel “uncomfortable.”

It even becomes more challenging. Murder. Forgive and pray for one who commits murder. We so easily forget that the criminal on the cross next to Jesus went to heaven. We so easily forget that Paul, a man who wrote books in the BIBLE, was a murderer before God captured his heart. Talk about forgiveness and grace. If God’s grace is that big, we have NO right to hate or think we are even better. I personally heard a woman’s story. She survived a horrific genocide. Her family was literally CHOPPED up with machetes. God showed her that the only thing she could do to keep living was to forgive. FACE to FACE she forgave the man who mutilated her mother and brother.

“but in humility consider others better than yourselves.” Philippians 2:3

“OTHERS” does not discriminate.

I write this, not because I think I am perfect. I struggle with judging others as well. But I have felt attacked only to realize that it’s those people who are being attacked AND I CANNOT take it anymore. I will not be quiet anymore. I want to cry and scream and I will raise my voice and I will STAND up for those that the world has rejected to see as HUMAN (God's creation) and that the world sees as undeserving of understanding and grace. Who are we to judge when we need grace just the same?

RISK YOUR PRIDE TO LOVE!!

“25For whoever wants to save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.” Matthew 16:25

The first shall be last and the last shall be first!

1 comment:

Elle Bee said...

I think that the righteousness with which you act will someday save the world.