Saturday, March 7, 2009

MO-RO

"So what are you guys? Missionaries?"
"uh. sure. Missionaries in Royal Oak I guess."
"HAHA. MO-RO! Get it?..."

So tonight I got cussed out by a demon and didn't cast it out because I am stupid and didn't realize it until Jaime pointed it out twenty minutes later. Way to go Emily.

We prayed in a circle with four guys in front of O'Tooles and Jaime prayed beautifully and while she prayed I prayed being like, "God, what the heck? She took my heart. Pray for me I got nothing!!!" And when Jaime finished everyone started pulling away and I was like ok thats fine, I don't need to pray I don't have anything anyways. And Jaime, lovely Jaime, "Wait guys, what the heck, Emily needs to pray" haha.And basically I preached the gospel in my prayer. All four guys were staring at each other during it and I didn't even realize it because I knew it was the Holy Spirit praying for me. I know their hearts heard it.

Best quote of the night right here though!!
"They like Jesus. They don't want our numbers. And I am trying to figure out why we're still standing here." Rocking.

I need to be more sensitive to the Holy Spirit. I need to be more alert to the still voice of God. What God confirmed for me tonight was this:

-In California on Sunday this young homeless guy asked me to be his wife so he could have hope and a reason for life when I was alone and instead of sharing with him the hope he has in Jesus Christ I said good-bye and walked away. Knowing full well God was pulling me away very aggressively.

-I read Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
" Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:

If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!

Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?

Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken"

-Tonight when two guys separated Jaime and I to talk one on one I got cussed out by a demon and Curtis stormed off from talking to Jaime because she rocks at loving Jesus and we were standing only two feet apart...

This whole thing makes a load of sense to me... but probably won't to anyone reading it. Sorry :) Share your thoughts though. I'd like to hear if you think I am absolutely crazy and please hold me accountable if I am ever Biblically incorrect. I need to be up in four hours now to wash this smokey smell off of me and hang out with beautiful women I work with and smile at prospective families.

3 comments:

Denise Janell said...

I love the quote of the night!

Unknown said...

I liked what your pops had to say. So simply put. Man, if only we realized it when it happened. One day in the near future. !!!

Unknown said...

Your dad rocks. So simply put. NExt time we'll know right away. If only we had been rocking at life we would have noticed... I'm actually not sure why we didn't notice right away. But it's kinda cool that a demon cussed you out. "Oh crap, She's awake" - Satan. Is that weird to think it's cool? But next time we'll rock at life.