Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Friday.

Maybe by the end of this month I will finally get through my five day trip recap. 

Friday- Rocked. Jonathon had rehearsal from 11-4 which was a little depressing.  I seem to miss him so much more when I know he is close by.  But Nicole, LB and I headed up to Runyon Canyon.  It is an awesome mountain that we walked up about as far as we could I do believe.  We went on a cute adventure that led us to a dead end peak that we decided not to risk our lives trying to climb.  It was nice just to walk and talk and be girlfriends.  They are such amazing girls and I just thrive on hearing them speak from their hearts.  We finished by two and so for the two hours we had to spare we drove to Melrose and did some shopping.  It's a dandy little strip of pretty unique shops with very unique clothes, and be very unique clothes, I mean extremely unique clothes... Only people in Hollywood.  We then enjoyed our first meal at In n' Out.  At the Hollywood location where Paris Hilton was once arrested, whoopie.  Haha. That makes me think of Whoopi Goldberg and I just laughed a little.  
Anyways.
We were trying to think of something creative to do since night life in that area is pretty much bars and clubs and no one was really up for that scene and Jonathon and I are still little kids if we're being honest.  So there was this street we drove by less than five minutes from Jonathon's place that was called Americana.  It was beautiful and had so much to do!  We fell in love immediately.  Jonathon and I were able to have a cute little date night while the girls enjoyed a nice stroll about, some frozen yogurt and awesome God time I hear.  Love them.  Jonathon and I went to Caffe Primo where we enjoyed some yummy gelato and sat forever.  We just talked and laughed and shared our hearts.  A lady came up with a handful of roses and so sweetly said something to the effect of Jonathon buying me a rose to feed hungry children.  He looked at me, smiled, and gave the lady ten bucks for one rose.  As she walked away he smiled and said, "No hungry kid is going to get any food with that money."  I nodded and smiled, because he still bought me a rose.  I love Jonathon's lack of laziness and not buying me flowers for every stinking thing.  I actually enjoy them.  

Let's have a remembering time.

Junior Prom- Jonathon bought me yellow gerber daisies (because daisies are my favorite) to match the yellow dress I had. 
1 year anniversary- Jonathon sent me a dozen white roses
Roxy show- My first time in California Jonathon bought me two roses from a guy on the street after his show.
Caffe Primo-Jonathon bought me a single red rose to "feed hungry children" and put a smile on my face

While we sat there a man came up to ask us how to get to San Francisco.  I told him his best bet was probably to just pick a street and walk until he decides to switch streets.  He proceeded to talk and talk and talk.  He was so drunk I could barely understand much of what he said, but what he did say broke my heart.  He shared that he woke up that morning wanting alcohol, so that is what he got.  We could not make out much of what he said so we just smiled and nodded most of the time since we found out quickly asking him to repeat himself didn't make much of a difference.  He shared a story about a man he talked to in Hollywood that was too religious, and people who are too religious are crazy or something to that effect.  I told him I agreed, but I think Jesus absolutely rocked.  His face lit up and he reached down the front of his shirt to grab a cross necklace and exclaim that he loved Jesus too.  My face smiled and my heart broke a little bit.  To this moment my emotions are so mixed and my thoughts so torn.  I wish he wasn't so drunk.  I wanted to know about the Jesus he was in love with.  I hope he is the Jesus I know and love.  I just prayed for him a lot.  Jonathon was a little uneasy about our conversation because of his impatience with alcoholics.  But I was able to rejoice.  Who knows how his night was changed to have two young people smile and converse with him forever instead of blow him off and call him crazy.  He wasn't crazy.  I loved him.  

After our dessert we enjoyed a nice dinner at a cute little place.  We talked and talked some more.  I love talking to him.  I love that we can be all serious and stuff but than be silly beyond silliness.  Sometimes I wish I could record our conversations so that I could remember all of the hilarious comments he makes.  Because they crack me up.  

We didn't stay out too late.  We crashed pretty quickly to prepare for our amazing Saturday!  


Back to real life right now- I went to visit Zechariah today.  It has been one week since I have seen him last and I feel as though he is an entirely new boy.  So big.  My mom sent me a picture of him when I was in California and I got sad and told Jonathon he was getting big and I was missing his life.  Jonathon consoled me and told me it has only been two days.  What am I going to do when I move to California for good?  I miss that boy.  
Nicole: "Bring him to Eric so Eric can show you his new trick."
Me: "haha, trick?"
Nicole: "I mean, the new thing he discovered."
haha. I love my sister.  

1 comment:

Denise Janell said...

I love your story about the man!! My heart feels heavy right now. What is being a christian and living in grace and mercy? So many people don't even know anymore that I don't always feel like I do. It seems so confusing, but so simple at the same time!!